For That Special Date – Outfit & Style Ideas
First dates, or the first few, are both exciting and daunting, but possibly a little more of the latter beforehand. Every girl knows the struggle that goes in to finding the perfect outfit, the perfect shoes to go with the outfit, the perfect handbag to go with the outfit and the shoes, the perfect perfume, the perfect hairstyle, the perfect makeup look…the list is endless, really. And that’s without even starting to think about what you’re going to say, where you’re going to go and how you’re going to come across to the other person! The struggle is so real.
When it comes to a first date, you not only want to make a great impression but also feel great yourself, and an important part of that is the ensemble you’re wearing. I’m sure most of us have felt like tearing our hair out or simply cancelling the date because we just can’t find the right thing to wear. Have you ever felt like everything you own is simply too simple or too sexy, too boring or too bold, too much or simply not enough? Trust me, we have all been there at some point in time, if not many times before. You’ve probably thought “If only this dress was a little more cinched” or “Is my skirt a bit too short?” or “If only this blouse was in a more luxurious material”…if only. Now, you can make your every ‘if only’ become a reality and bid goodbye to all of your pre-date worries with a nifty little website called Samshék.
Samshék is a wonderful website that incorporates the best of classic styles and seasonal trends while asking and answering an important question: if every woman’s body is different, why should every item of clothing be cut exactly the same? Samshék allows you to choose from their wide range of styles across dresses, skirts, trousers and tops, and then customize the piece to make it a perfect fit for your body and your personal sense of style. The customisation is not just in terms of personalised size (you can have certain pieces made precisely to your measurements) but also in terms of other important details like colour, trimming, fabric, neckline, dress style, sleeves, length etc.
It might sound complex at first, but Samshék is a very user-friendly website, so making the customisations to your pieces is as easy as one, two three! And better still, if you’re planning your outfit with a few days in hand, you can have your products delivered to your within three to five days of placing your order, so they can arrive in time for the big night! And because you would have customised the outfit exactly as you like it, you will rest assured knowing that not only will you be stepping out in style, but also, feeling great and looking great. What more does a girl need?
So you have a date this weekend and you want to put your best face forward. Making an amazing first impression is tricky but it is possible if you dress well. So don’t panic and spiral down into your ‘I have got nothing to wear’ phase, here are some easy styling tips which you can use to “Dress to impress on your date night”.
Pick out your few top most favourite outfits. Go for that trusted dress which flatters your body. A date is not a great occasion to experiment, especially if it is the first date.
- Focus on one asset. If you have great legs then go for a skirt or a short dress. If you love your arms, then go for a strapless top. Don’t mix and match too many styles and designs.
- Dress appropriately for the occasion. If it’s a casual date, then don’t wear a jazzy dress. If it’s at a club, then don’t wear a jumper and shorts.
- For a romantic date, you can opt for a ruffled sleeve top with distressed denims and heels.
- For a wine and dine date, sport a glam top with a pleated skirt and strappy sandals.
- Feeling a bit adventurous, pair printed pants with ankle length boots and a sheer black top.
- Planning to spend a day in the park? Pair a colourful summer dress with a denim jacket and sneakers.
- Going for a rocker look? Pair an embroidered leather jacket with a sleeveless cami top, skinny jeans and ballerina flats.
- Don’t cake your face. Keep the makeup minimal and more natural look. Ultimately you want him to love your personality.
- Wear something you feel comfortable in. If you end up wearing a really low neck outfit and aren’t confident enough to carry it then you won’t be able to have fun at your date. You would always be worried about your outfit.